MSEMS- Cologne: 19th - 20th Oct, 2023
Shutdown, Turnaround and Outage (STO) Management involve complex activities that introduce a higher level of risk to the business, requiring increased management focus and effort to ensure that risks are managed and that the event is completed within the allocated time and cost constraints.
At this conference, attendees will learn about utilising Asset Management systems to create a competitive turnaround scope. A good asset management plan is critical to ensuring that the right work is done inside or outside of a turnaround event, and it is essential for creating a competitive total maintenance program.
The Maintenance Shutdown Execution and Management Summit (MSEMS) is a dynamic event that features thought leaders discussing essential processes and techniques required to effectively control and manage STO events for asset-intensive businesses. If turnarounds are not properly planned, managed, and controlled, companies run the risks of serious budget overruns, costly schedule delays, and negative impacts on customers.
Join us at MSEMS-Cologne-2023 to engage with peers and industry experts in Shutdown and Turnarounds, Planning, Maintenance, Inspection Strategy, and Management. Attendees will gain valuable insights into effective STO management and learn about the latest techniques and technologies that can help them optimise their maintenance programs and improve business performance.
Reasons To Attend
Maintenance Shutdown Execution and Management Summit (MSEMS Cologne 2023) is an owner-driven event, with program designed on proven methodologies and industry best practices and aims to provide participants with:
- An understanding of the critical success factors of STO management to enhance the company’s turnaround management capabilities, and to ensure a team approach in the planning and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Essential project management principles and processes to manage the overall STO event
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of effective STO management techniques and implementation
- Practices to identify, mitigate and control STO risks
- Principles and measures to track STO success
- Factors which should be considered for successfully engaging and managing contractors and suppliers
- A good overall understanding of effective STO communication and post event analysis
- Incorporate latest developments in turnaround planning and management techniques and emerging industry trends
- Reduced costs resource demand and improved resource utilisation
- Exposure to overall STO pertinent issues and also the opportunity to network with people from other organisations that face similar challenges
Themes and Topics
- Building and Implementing a Holistic Shutdown Framework from Early Planning to Post-Mortem Analysis
- Turnaround Fingerprints: A Data-driven Approach for the Identification of Levers for Turnaround Optimisation
- Cycle Optimisation for Turnaround
- Integrating Capital Projects into a Turnaround Event-It’s not always the Project Manager’s Fault
- Turnaround Scope Challenge – it’s about more than “Can it be Done on the Run?
- Recognising Asset Integrity Management & Maintenance Strategies as Driving Force
- Developing Proper Turnaround Strategy
- Turnaround Cost Estimating – Are Your Estimates Really ±10%?
- Intelligent Decision Making and Smart Solutions to Optimise Your Shutdown
- Dynamic Scheduling for Refinery Turnaround
- Optimal use of Risk and Reliability Management
- Brilliant at basics – Oil & Gas Petrochemical Plant Reliability from Instrument Perspective
- The use of digital twins for optimal use of big data and the use advanced technologies for the execution
- The way of transforming Maintenance from a Service Department into a Strategic Pillar
- Long Range Planning and the stability of annual budgets and business planning
- Opportunistic shutdown management: Unplanned shutdown from threat attack plant to organisation opportunity
Team Lead Corrosion and Inspection
Sr. Manager Turnarounds and Maintenance CMT
BCM EVB/Commissioning Manager
Regional Group Lead – Canada, Reliability, Maintenance, Turnarounds and Capital Projects
General Management BDE
Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG
Turnaround Senior Expert
Opreation Engineer, Jizan Bulk Plant
Snr Engineer Elect Maint | Gas Operations Group
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
Senior Principal Engineer
Global Group Lead - Turnaround Services – Reliability, Maintenance & Turnarounds Division
Regional Manager – EMEA & APAC: Project Assurance
Chief General Manager
INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LTD
Advando Group Company
Maintenance Planning A. General Manager
VP of Sales
Group Technical Authorities, Instrument and Control
Manager, Maintenance &Reliability Costing Upstream Thermal, Major Project & Offshore
Operations Director, Maintenance & Turnarounds
Industrial Management Technology Limited (IAMTech)
President and Principal Consultant
Principal - Mining and Metals Operational Excellence practice
dss+ Sustainable Solutions
Associate Engineer, Water Operation Division, Utilities & Facilities Services Dept.
Associate Engineer, Water Operation Division, Utilities & Facilities Services Dept.
Business Development and Sales Manager
Global Account Manager
Director of Academv, Senior Consultant
Senior Business Developer
Maintenance Shutdown Execution and Management Summit (MSEMS Cologne 2023) is a global event! We have a range of sponsorship packages for our events to suit a range of budgets and exposure options. Our events attract a senior level audience who are interested in engaging with new tools and technologies to further their enterprise capabilities. Breakout sessions and panel discussions offer the opportunity to build personal networks with STO experts.
IAMTech (Industrial Asset Management Technology) was founded in 1973. From industrial plant model makers, fast forward 45+ years, to the world’s largest independent industrial software provider.
A 3rd generation privately owned company, we are extremely proud of the fact we remain one of the last independent industrial software vendors.
13 years ago, we decided to disrupt the industrial software market. Unlike all our competitors, we chose to publish our software prices. We sacrificed profits, to try and change an industry’s mindset.
This principle enables all our industrial customers to have equal product & service, at a less expensive, equal cost to all – we are not trying to be the biggest, nor the richest, we are trying to be the best! View more www.iamtech.com
Izomax – the game changer when there seems to be no alternative to downtime during Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages.
Re-defining impossible is what makes Izomax a revolutionary leap in isolation.
The Izomax AOGV mechanical isolation system is unique – providing positive isolation whilst maintaining system integrity – allowing process flow to continue.
View more www.izomax.com
Cleopatra Enterprise the total project & turnaround management platform which provides an integrated solution for project and turnaround cost management.
It is the only tool integrating cost estimating, work package management, BIM, scheduling, cost control, form tracking, cost management, benchmarking and more – which helps you build the project controls capabilities on time and within budget.
Who should attend?
The event aims to bring together professionals from various disciplines involved in shutdowns, turnarounds, and maintenance, planning and inspection, to share knowledge, best practices, and discuss industry trends and challenges. Job functions includes:
The Maintenance Shutdown Execution and Management Summit (MSEMS) is typically attended by professionals involved in the management and execution of industrial shutdowns, turnarounds, and maintenance projects. Some of the job titles that can attend this summit include:
- Senior Management Executives
- Plant Managers / Vice Presidents
- Shutdown Mangers of Contractors and Clients
- Operations and Maintenance/Shutdown superintendents
- Shutdown Manager
- Turnaround Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Project Manager
- Plant Manager
- Operations Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Asset Manager
- Innovation Experts
- Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Safety Manager/Coordinator
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Cost Controller
- Contract Administrator
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- Industrial Hygienist
- Inspection Engineer/Inspector
- Commissioning Manager
- Technical Trainer/Training Manager
- Oil and Gas: Refineries, petrochemical plants, offshore platforms, and pipelines
- Power Generation: Power plants, including coal-fired, gas-fired, nuclear, and renewable energy facilities
- Chemical and Petrochemical: Facilities involved in the production of chemicals, polymers, fertilizers
- Mining and Metals: Mines, smelters, and metal processing facilities
- Manufacturing: Various manufacturing industries, such as automotive, steel, cement, pulp and paper, food processing, and pharmaceuticals
- Utilities: Water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, and other utility infrastructure
- Aerospace and Defense: Aerospace manufacturing facilities and defense installations
Radisson Blu Hotel - Cologne, Germany
Full Conference Pass €1999
- Access to 2-day Conference + Master Classes
- Interactive Focus Sessions + Presentations
- Discussions with industry experts
- Cocktail Reception
- Access to post event documentations
- Speaking slot [20 min] + attendance
- On-stage pitching
- Access 100+ delegates
- Acknowledgement in opening address
- Logo on conference website (with link to company website)